Yield: 2 generous quarts; or 16 (1/2 cup) servings
- 2 cups apple pie filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled Archway Oatmeal cookies
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- Place pie filling in a large bowl; finely slice apple pieces with a knife.
- Add cream, milk, sugar, eggs, pie spice, vanilla and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture into the canister of a 2 quart ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir in cookie crumbles and walnuts.
- Transfer to a covered freezer-safe container; place in freezer until firm.