Makes 60 appetizer meatballs.
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 1 1/2 tsp caribbean seasoning
- 1 c crushed Archway Ginger Snaps crumbs
- 1 lg egg beaten
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm sweet onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 11.5 oz mango nectar
- 8 oz crushed pineapple drained
- 1 tbsp key lime or lime juice
- 3/4 c ketsup
- 1/3 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp habanero hot sauce or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine pork sausage, caribbean seasoning, crushed Ginger Snaps crumbs and beaten egg.
- Shape into 60 1" meatballs, place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until done.
- Drain meatballs on paper towel lined plates.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in mango nectar, crushed pineapple, key lime juice, ketsup, brown sugar, hot sauce and thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium/low and simmer 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place meatballs in serving dish and pour sauce evenly over them.