- 24 Archway Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 12 Maraschino Cherries (with Stems)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Shortening
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Use your thumb to gently indent the top of each macaroon into a bowl shape.
- Drizzle each macaroon lightly with orange juice.
- Take a cherry and place it in the “bowl” of a macaroon.
- Place a second macaroon on the other side of the cherry so that the stem sticks out between the cookies.
- Gently press the cookies together so that they cover the cherry, but not the stem.
- Place the covered cherry on a nonstick cookie sheet. Repeat process for each cherry.
- Warm chocolate chips and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Turn the heat off as soon as the chocolate is fully melted.
- Use a slotted spoon or metal skewer to dip each covered cherry into the chocolate.
- Place each dipped cherry back on the cookie sheet and sprinkle it lightly with toasted coconut.
- Place cherries in the fridge and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.