- 1 pound large shrimp , cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups finely crushed Archway Coconut Macaroon cookies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites
- Oil for Frying
- In a small bowl, mix together crushed cookies, flour and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place mixture on large baking sheet.
- Dip each shrimp into egg whites, then roll in the mixture, being sure to coat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, add oil to frying pan and heat until sizzling.
- Then carefully add shrimp in batches and cook until cookie crust is golden brown.
- Remove shrimp from oil and transfer to plate lined with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Then, sprinkle shrimp with remaining salt while still hot and serve.