- 1 cup white or whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely crushed Archway Ginger Snap Cookies
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper and celery; cook until softened then remove from heat.
- Place salmon in bowl and flake apart with a fork - be sure to remove all bones or skin.
- Add egg and mustard to salmon and mix well.
- Add the pepper mixture, breadcrumbs and ground pepper to salmon mixture and mix until breadcrumbs are moist.
- Form 6-8 patties from the mixture.
- Add remaining oil to the frying pan and heat until the oil is just bubbling, then add patties and cook just until golden brown on the outside.
- Once golden, remove the patties from the heat and place on a baking sheet into a preheated oven at 425ºF.
- Bake the salmon cakes until golden on top and heated through.