Makes about 9 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crumbled Archway Frosty Lemon Cookies
- 1 cup shelled salted pistachios, chopped
- Line a 9x5x3” loaf pan with non-stick foil, leaving an overhang with which to lift out the dessert when frozen.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream and almond extract until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the lemon curd and softened ice cream.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and pistachios. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining mixture onto the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Top with half the ice cream mixture.
- Repeat layering of the crumbs and the ice cream mixture.
- Top with the reserved 1 cup crumbs.
- Freeze for 1 hour, then cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Continue to freeze until solid, about 4-6 hours.
- To serve, lift semifreddo out of the pan using the overhanging foil.
- Peel off foil, and place dessert unto serving dish.
- Cut into 1“ slices to serve, and garnish with a lemon twist and some chopped pistachios, if desired.