Mix crust ingredients and press into a 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup and cream.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla and pecans.
- Spread the topping evenly over the bar crust.
- Bake in the middle of the oven 20-24 minutes or until the topping is bubbly, golden brown and just slightly darker at the edges.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let stand until just cooled to warm.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate morsels and let sit until melted.
- Using a table knife, spread the melted chocolate over the topping and let cool.
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut the slab into 32 bars, wiping the knife clean between cuts.