- 12 Archway Coconut Macaroons
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- Cover a baking tray or cookie sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper (use a tray that will fit into your freezer).
- Arrange macaroons on the tray.
- Place chips in microwave-safe bowl and melt at 30% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each melt.
- Drizzle all of the melted chocolate over the cookies. Let chocolate harden before transferring cookies to a plate.
- Discard the parchment; place the empty tray in freezer.
- Remove ice cream from freezer to allow it to soften a bit.
- Spread coconut on a large plate.
- Working quickly, scoop a ball of ice cream and mold it around a macaroon. Add more ice cream as needed to form a large snow ball. Roll the ball in coconut, put it into a cupcake liner, and place it on cold baking tray.
- Repeat until all 12 snow balls are completed.
- Cover the tray with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, drizzle 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup over each plate.
- Remove the paper liner and place a snow ball in the center of the plate.